At MRA we believe that personalized medical billing services are the key to effective cash flow. Accordingly, we set up each client’s billing protocols based on individual needs. The services that we will provide are based on a “task list,” and are specifically detailed in our agreement. There are no hidden fees and payment isn’t due until revenue is received.
This is the protocol that is followed:
1. MRA receives the charge data from the office(s) through common delivery carrier, or scanning, as an email attachment.
2. MRA communicates with the clients’ office staff to ensure that the practice’s charges are submitted on a consistent basis, as well as to discuss remittances, rejections and unpaid claims. MRA will assist in resolving any issues that may hamper a smooth integration into our system.
3. MRA monitors the primary, secondary insurance carrier and patient payments, and responds to all calls from third-party payers and patients. We handle these contacts professionally and thoroughly, reporting any problems or complaints to the client’s office staff.
4. MRA will transmit claims electronically whenever possible. Our proprietary medical billing software automatically tracks all open claims to ensure appropriate follow-up, which yields reimbursements in a timely manner.
5. All payments are deposited into the client’s bank account on the same or next day after the payment is received and the client is notified of all bank deposits.
6. Delinquent patient balances are handled promptly through a 90-day series of statements. Through regular meetings with the client, MRA can establish a customized collection process.
7. MRA’s Chief Operating Officer or Account Manager meets periodically with each client to analyze comprehensive reports. These consultations will serve to continually refine the clients’ record-keeping systems, and, ultimately, to expedite cash flow. For example, our research and development team may suggest improvements related to billing codes, modifiers, diagnosis codes, and regulatory changes.